Chichester by Gaslight
Chichester by Gaslight

A forum style vampire game based on White Wolf's Victorian setting located in the re-imagined historical city of Chichester.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sunday, 25 July 1880 [real dates: 02 - 13 June 2014] GAME CURRENTLY IN HIATUS - ST WILL CHECK BACK REGULARLY

Share | 

ST absenteeism

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
5/5  (5/5)

PostSubject: ST absenteeism   Tue May 03, 2011 12:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

There will be a large chunk of time later this afternoon and early evening (GMT) in which I will not be here. My wife and I are going to see Thor [the movie, obviously, not the norse God of Thunder himself. That would be silly. Frankly, he never returns my calls, he missed my last birthday, and he's really just a blow-hard, pumped up tired excuse for a god. He's not even immortal, for God's sake (ummm, so to speak)].

AuthorMessage
Lily Brejar
ancillae

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
0/5  (0/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 pm

If you want to be crueller, you go without them and tell them all about it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
5/5  (5/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I think that I should apologize for being less AFK than usual. I haven't been well the last few days (even typing this is a chore at the moment). I've had to dip into my emergency stash of antibiotics and the bronchial meds made me ill, light-headed and dizzy. Still, I am coughing quite a lot, so there is that. pale Had a couple buddies over last night and we played cards into the evening.

Lily Brejar
ancillae

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
0/5  (0/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:10 pm

No problem, Andrew. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date in any case. Smile

Wishing you and everyone else a great Christmas, of course. It's fast approaching.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
5/5  (5/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:56 pm

It had been some time since ST had to leave Chichester to go to another game, he had been ill and other game had been put on hold. Chichester had come to believe, in the meantime, that it was the ST's only game, the others having fallen by the wayside. It had been Chichester's happiest months, but it knew that something had changed. ST had been on-line but not on Chichester's site; he had rolled dice and written backgrounds, but not for Chichester. Chichester had been suspicious for quite some time now, but only now could find it's voice. "You're ... oh my god this is hard. You're going out to meet another game, aren't you ST, a TABLE TOP game." Chichester could barely spit the words out it's contempt for that kind of game plain in the tone of it's voice. "You're meeting thin player and fat player ... don't deny it." Chichester looked away and out of the window. Storm clouds were gathering; this boded ill for ST. Chichester turned around at ST's continued silence. "It's going to rain, your lungs can't function properly if it's too damp, you should stay home." ST sighed and looked up from his work.
"I am staying home Chichester, thin player and fat player are coming here." Chichester stood dumbfounded.
"HERE!?" it practically screamed. "You're bringing that, that, whore of a game to my house?"
"It's my house."
"OUR house!" Chichester gritted it's teeth. "Is it not enough that I tolerate Mrs ST in my ... our house, but do you have to bring your ... other games here too? Rub my humiliation in my face?" ST wanted to write, he wanted to work, but he had to find his long lost character sheet and Chichester was not making it easy for him. "I know you've visited Avalon, and Portage, those sluts. I just thank God Embrace died, and don't get me started on Hollowbridge." ST had heard all the complaints before and tried to let it wash over him. "Are you even listening to me?" Chichester sat down and stared daggers into STs back. After a while, Chichester continued in a softer voice. "What do these other games give you that I can't? They have dice, I have a dice-roller; they have NPCs, I have NPCs, lots of them, big and round and firmly packed NPCs. My God, I trimmed down the number of options and updated the setting for you, what, what more could I do?"
"I appreciate those things Chichester, really I do."
"No, you take me for granted. You think because I am always here waiting for you that I always will be, but don't count on it ST."
ST had heard such threats before. But he knew the truth. Chichester was a one ST game, and that's the way they both liked it. "Look," ST finally said, looking up from his laptop, "you are my main game and you always will be. You know that, so why do you make such a fuss when I spend a few hours with another game. It doesn't mean I don't love you anymore, it's just a hobby." He frowned, Chichester would take that the wrong way.
"I see, so, we're just, I'm just a hobby to you, a plaything, something to wile away the hours between work and Mrs ST? I'm, I'm glad to know I mean so much to you ... no ... don't touch me! You, you, GM!"
Chichester stalks from the room, slamming the door on the way out, leaving ST in silence. He resumes his typing.

[I will be gaming later this evening and may not get back before night's end. Try to finish your scenes as best you can.]

Mary Ann Evans
ancillae

Character sheet
Appearance:
4/5  (4/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
2/5  (2/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:37 pm

[Wild applause]
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harrington

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Lol!
Back to top Go down
Lily Brejar
ancillae

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
0/5  (0/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:36 am

Thin Player and Fat Player... lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
5/5  (5/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Just got back from seeing Captain America the winter soldier - excellent film.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
5/5  (5/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Well, now it's cough apnea. Whenever I have a serious coughing fit, there's a nerve connecting the lungs and respatory system that gets pulled and stretched, which cuts off a little blood flow to the heart, which puts me temporarily into a blackout or minor faint. Well, peachy.

Mary Ann Evans
ancillae

Character sheet
Appearance:
4/5  (4/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
2/5  (2/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Just so you know, there isn't a prize for the people with the most symptoms...please get better for a while...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Appearance:
5/5  (5/5)
Health:
7/7  (7/7)
5/5  (5/5)

PostSubject: Re: ST absenteeism   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:24 pm

There isn't!? I've been lied to.

Sponsored content